Sunday, July 23, 2006

Health Fails

Health issues have kind of escalated for my mom and my sister in the last week. Please pray for them.

My mom has been in the hospital the last several days. They can't figure out what new thing is going on. She already has a rare form of MD and is in very poor general health. She had a mishap with her electric wheel chair about six weeks ago and broke some ribs. Earlier this week they couldn't wake her up for more than a few seconds at a time for about 3 days. This, combined with chest pains and difficulty breathing, got her in the hospital where they were checking her heart. After finding fluid and swelling around her heart they did tests which cleared the idea they she might have had a heart attack. Other test results indicate she's probably bleeding internally somewhere. They're keeping her in the hospital since they can't figure out what is going on.

My sister (the oldest one- not the one with lots of kids) has been having some fainting episodes which lead her to fall and break bones. She's broken her pelvis in at least two places and broken several ribs in addition to getting some nasty bumps and bruises. She's already on blood thinners for other reasons; so, she's bleeding a lot internally. Luckily for her when looking at the broken bones they found a couple of tumors. They are checking her heart to try to find what's causing the fainting. They're doing a bone scan to see whether the tumors are already part of the bones in her femur and hip. She's been off work for 3 weeks already and doesn't have a return date set. Although she recently moved in with my parents to care for them since my dad's health continues to decline, he has been caring for her and my mom.

1 Comments:

At 11:02 PM, Blogger Hamilton Clan said...

I will be praying for your family. They are in my prayers! I so enjoyed chatting with you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home